1. Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs): This Rebate is available for Solar panel systems up to 100kW. It provides financial incentives based on the amount of renewable energy the system generates over a period of time. The value of STCs varies depending on factors such as location, system size, and market conditions.
2. Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs): Some states and territories in Australia offer FiTs, which allow Solar system owners to receive credits or payments for excess electricity they feed back into the grid. The rates and terms vary between different regions, so it’s important to check with the local electricity retailer for specific details.
3. Solar Homes Program (Victoria): This program offers rebates and interest-free loans for eligible homeowners in Victoria who want to install a Solar panel system. The program aims to make Solar energy more affordable and accessible for households.
4. Solar for Low Income Households Program (South Australia): This program provides eligible low-income households in South Australia with access to interest-free loans to install Solar panel systems. The program aims to help reduce electricity bills and energy poverty for low-income families.
5. Solar Feed-in Premium Scheme (Queensland): This scheme offers additional payments for Solar system owners who export electricity to the grid. The premium rate is fixed for 10 years, providing a stable income stream for Solar system owners.
6. Solar Homes and Communities Plan (Australian Capital Territory): This initiative offers rebates and interest-free loans to households, businesses, and community organizations in the Australian Capital Territory. The program aims to increase the uptake of Solar energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
These are just a few examples of the Solar rebates available in Australia. It’s important to note that the availability and terms of these rebates may change over time, so it’s always a good idea to check with relevant government authorities or energy retailers for the most up-to-date information.