The SRES is a national scheme that is available in all states and territories in Australia. It provides a financial incentive in the form of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) for eligible Solar panel installations. The number of STCs you receive depends on the size of your Solar system and the location of your installation.
In addition to the SRES, some states and territories offer additional Solar rebates or incentives. These vary depending on the region and can include:
1. New South Wales (NSW): The NSW Government offers the Empowering Homes program, providing interest-free loans and rebates for eligible households to install Solar and battery systems.
3. Queensland (QLD): The Queensland Government offers the Solar for Rentals program, providing interest-free loans to landlords and rebates for tenants to install Solar panel systems on rental properties.
4. South Australia (SA): The South Australian Government offers the Home Battery Scheme, providing subsidies for eligible households to install energy storage systems.
5. Western Australia (WA): The Western Australian Government offers the Renewable Hydrogen Fund, providing grants for renewable hydrogen projects, including Solar-powered hydrogen production.
6. Tasmania (TAS): The Tasmanian Government offers the Renewable Energy Fund, providing grants for renewable energy projects, including Solar installations.
It is important to check with your state or territory government or local council to find out about any specific Solar rebates or incentives that may be available to you. The eligibility criteria, application processes, and funding availability can vary, so it’s best to seek up-to-date information from the relevant authorities.