The Australian government offers various Solar rebates and incentives to encourage the adoption of Solar energy. These programs vary across different states and territories and are subject to change over time. Some of the common Solar rebates and incentives in Australia include:
1. Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs): STCs, also known as the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES), provide financial incentives for residential and small-scale commercial Solar installations. The number of STCs awarded depends on the system’s size, location, and the amount of renewable energy it is expected to generate over its lifetime. These certificates can be sold to electricity retailers or brokers to offset the installation cost.
2. Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs): Some states and territories offer FiTs, which provide homeowners with a credit or payment for the excess Solar energy they generate and feed back into the grid. FiTs vary across regions, and the rates may be fixed or variable depending on the time of energy generation.
3. Solar Homes and Communities Plan: This program provides rebates and grants for the installation of Solar panels and battery storage systems in residential properties. The availability and eligibility criteria for these rebates can vary across states and territories.
4. Regional and Remote Communities Reliability Fund: This fund supports the installation of Solar and other renewable energy systems in regional and remote areas, aiming to improve energy reliability and reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
5. Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC) Financing: The CEFC offers financial support and low-cost financing options for businesses and organizations looking to invest in renewable energy projects, including Solar installations.
It is essential to regularly check the government websites or consult with Solar installers to stay updated on the latest rebates and incentives available in your area. Additionally, rebates may have specific eligibility criteria, so it is important to understand and meet these requirements to qualify for the incentives.