Some of the main Solar rebates and incentives available in Australia include:
1. Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES): This is a federal government scheme that provides financial incentives to households and businesses that install small-scale renewable energy systems, including Solar panels. The scheme provides small-scale technology certificates (STCs) that can be traded or sold to help offset the upfront costs of installing Solar panels.
2. Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs): Many state governments offer feed-in tariffs, which allow Solar system owners to sell excess electricity generated by their Solar panels back to the grid. The rates vary between states and utility companies, but they generally provide a financial benefit to Solar system owners by reducing their electricity bills.
3. Solar Homes Program: This is a state government initiative available in Victoria, which offers rebates and interest-free loans to homeowners who install Solar panels. The program aims to make Solar energy more accessible and affordable to households.
4. Renewable Energy Buyback Scheme (REBS): This scheme is available in Western Australia and provides a payment for excess electricity generated by Solar systems that is exported back to the grid. The payment rate is determined by the Western Australian Government Electricity Retail Corporation.
5. Solar Feed-in Premium Scheme: This scheme is available in South Australia and offers a higher feed-in tariff rate for Solar system owners who installed their systems before September 2011. The premium rate is paid in addition to the standard feed-in tariff rate.
6. Solar for Low Income Households Program: This program, available in New South Wales, provides rebates for low-income households to install Solar systems, helping them reduce their electricity bills and increase their energy efficiency.
It’s important to note that these rebates and incentives may change over time, so it’s recommended to check with the relevant government authorities or Solar installers for the most up-to-date information.